27 June 2010

So... I'm in love.

I met H for the first time in December, at Hillel of all places. I figured she was too awesome to be single and put her in the no box at that point and didn't really get to know her well initially. She was, at that point, dating someone. Shortly after that, the two of them broke up.

Fast forward to February: my prayer group at Hillel put together a megilah reading and party for Purim. We had a lot of fun, and that was even before we started playing Apples to Apples. We played around 60 cards of Apples to Apples that night, and there were five of us playing, but there was only one person who really had my attention that evening. Together, H and I collected 42 cards, tied at 21 at the end of the game. I offered to walk her home and she consented to my offer. We had a wonderful conversation, albeit a strange one for a first talk. At this point I found out she was single. She closed the door and went up to her apartment, which she calls a flat. I turned to walk home and called a friend to gush about this woman, who I knew almost nothing about at that point other than we shared a sense of humor. Actually, we share a brain, but I did not know that yet.

I started fabricating excuses to hang out with H. She consented to many of my offers to hang out, and we talked about anything and everything. Eventually, I asked her on a date, to which she agreed. She canceled the date a little later, realizing she still had feelings for her ex, with whom she is now back together.

Interestingly enough, I got closer to her after that. She and I would call each other when we needed someone to vent to. She's amazing. I feel so comfortable around her. She understands me and I told her I love her even though she's dating someone else. She's promised to think about things.

No comments: