25 February 2006

The Perfect Song

This song, one of my current and probably all time favorites, lives in that great ambiguity of being either about love God or about love on earth. Some parts remind me so much of my beloved they bring me to tears. The best example of this is the third stanza:

And we'll dance on a bed of roses,
And we'll swim in a spring of living waters
And at night we'll whisper "sweet dreams"
We'll embrace until the passing of the thunderstorm
And I'll know in my heart and I'll know in my soul
That life is complete because you are the one

Lyrics as follows (Copyright Noam Katz):

את האחת שיש לה את כל התשובות
לפני שאני פותח ספתי
את האחת שיש לה אור לבנה
בעיניה ושחר במבט שלה

כשנראה לי שדרך סגורה
כשנראה לי ששרשרת שבורה
את נושמת בי נשמה
והעולם עוד פעם הוא נולד

ונרקוד במטת שושנים
ונסחה במעין של מים חיים
ובלילה נלחש חלומות מטוקים
נחבק עד עוברת סופת הרעמים
ואדע בלבי ואדע בנפשי שחיים הם שלימים
כי את האחת

את האחת שיש לה כל המלאכים
הם מקיפים במכול ובשירה
את האחת שתמיד מזכירה לי
שמצתי את שאהבה נפשי

אלמלי לא פגשנו בעבר
לא אכפת לי היה שום דבר
ביום ההוא או ביום שמחר
יהיה לי הכוח לומר
שאת האחת

Noam's website

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is the title of the song?

Kythe said...

The title is את האחת.