02 November 2005

Gossip

Two of my friends are beginning a relationship. One of these friends has told me absolutely everything she thinks about the relationship and all the details of their first get together, whereas the most I could get out of the other friend was that she had gone to a restaurant with a girl. When I asked, "With a girl?" with the same intonation that I would, "Tell me more?", my friend asked why I latched onto that phrase. I then went into a mini-lecture about how "with a girl" has a different meaning than "with a friend," to which she responded, "Well, to me they mean the same thing. And I will not tolerate speculation into my personal life."

This situation fascinates me. How do you deal with knowing so much about someone that they won't reveal to you personally?

No comments: